Smoked pulled pork recipe
Recipe by: bobthecook1
- 1 (eight pound) pork shoulder roast
- one quart apple cider, or as needed
- BBQ Rub:
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- five tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- two tablespoons paprika
- one tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- one tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- three cups hickory chips, or a lot more as necessary, soaked in water
- Add all elements to checklist
- Add all substances to list
twenty h 10 m
- Place pork shoulder in a big pot and add enough apple cider to cover. Mix white sugar, brown sugar, salt, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Combine about one/four cup sugar rub into cider reserve remaining rub.
- Cover pot and refrigerate for twelve hrs.
- Put together smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C). Include ample wood chips to smoker.
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker include onion and about one/4 cup a lot more sugar rub. Spread remaining rub in excess of pork shoulder. Transfer pork to the center of smoker.
- Smoke pork until finally very tender, about 8 hrs. Keep track of hickory chips and liquid, including a lot more wood and water, respectively, as required. Transfer pork to a huge platter and awesome for 30 minutes prior to shredding with forks.
Very tender pork shoulder recipe – you’ll search like a professional chef when you