Hard candy recipe
Item Code: R0194
Want to understand how to make tough candy & lollipops? We’ll demonstrate you how!
RECIPE TIP: When making hard candy, it’s crucial to use a flavoring that is very concentrated. LorAnn’s super-strength flavorings (candy oils) are designed to stand up to exposure to substantial heat with no dropping taste.
Visit our Understand page for far more candy creating ideas and information about our flavorings.
two cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
one dram (1 teaspoon)* LorAnn super-strength flavoring, any flavor
LorAnn liquid foods coloring or gel meals coloring (as sought after)
Challenging candy molds (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
Use of a candy thermometer is suggested
*Please note that our Cinnamon, Clove and Peppermint flavors are particularly potent. You may want to minimize the amount used for these flavors.
Have all ingredients and tools assembled and inside of straightforward reach of the stove. The use of metal spoons and measuring utensils is advised. Line a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan with foil and lightly oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray (such as PAM). If making use of molds, lightly spray cavities of clean, dry candy molds with non-stick cooking spray. Insert sucker sticks. If making use of molds, you could also want to spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. If after pouring the syrup into the molds you have extra candy, you can pour it onto the foil for break-up candy.
- In a heavy (great good quality) two-quart saucepan, mix with each other sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir in excess of medium heat till sugar dissolves.
- Insert candy thermometer if employing, making specified it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Carry mixture to a boil with out stirring.
- Early in the cooking approach, “wash down” any sugar crystals that type on the sides of the pan with a moist pastry brush.
- Continue to cook the syrup, with out stirring, till the temperature reaches 260 F add drops of coloring right up until wanted hue is achieved. Do not stir boiling action will integrate shade into syrup.
- Remove from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will carry on rising), or until drops of syrup type difficult, brittle threads in cold water (hard crack stage). Right after boiling action has ceased, include flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN Incorporating FLAVORING TO Keep away from Rising STEAM.
- Very carefully pour syrup into prepared molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may possibly want to score with a massive knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.
- Awesome completely. Break sheet candy into small pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if sought after. Shop in airtight containers between waxed paper. If generating lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but area in sucker bags and safe with twist ties. Store hard candy in a cool, dry location. Do not refrigerate.
*Another different is to pour the sizzling candy onto a heat-resistant surface covered in powdered sugar. When the candy is slightly cooled, it can be minimize with nicely-oiled scissors into pillow-shaped pieces (you may possibly want to dress in heat-resistant gloves, such as rubber, to safeguard hands from heat).
Want a faster model? Make candy in significantly less than ten minutes with our Microwave Tough Candy Recipe.
By LorAnn Oils
Want to understand how to make tough candy & lollipops? We’ll display you how!
- two cups granulated sugar
- 2/three cup light corn syrup
- cup water
- 1 dram (one teaspoon)* LorAnn super-power flavoring, any flavor
- LorAnn liquid foods coloring or gel food coloring (as preferred)
- Difficult candy molds (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Sucker bags & twist ties (optional)
one. In a heavy (great top quality) two-quart saucepan, combine with each other sugar, corn syrup and water. Stir in excess of medium heat till sugar dissolves.2. Insert candy thermometer if utilizing, creating certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.three. Early in the cooking method, “wash down” any sugar crystals that kind on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.four. Carry on to cook the syrup, without having stirring, till the temperature reaches 260 F add drops of coloring until sought after hue is achieved. Do not stir boiling action will include shade into syrup.5. Eliminate from heat precisely at 300° F (temperature will carry on increasing), or right up until drops of syrup kind challenging, brittle threads in cold water (tough crack stage). Following boiling action has ceased, include flavor and stir. USE CAUTION WHEN Including FLAVORING TO Steer clear of Rising STEAM.six. Meticulously pour syrup into ready molds or onto the prepared greased and foil lined cookie sheet. (As the sugar mixture begins to set up, you may possibly want to score with a large knife to mark squares.) Do not refrigerate.7. Great entirely. Break sheet candy into tiny pieces and dust with powdered sugar, if preferred. Keep in airtight containers between waxed paper. If producing lollipops, do not dust with powdered sugar, but location in sucker bags and secure with twist ties. Shop challenging candy in a awesome, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Prep time: thirty minutes
Cook time: 30
Complete time: 1:00
Yield: Approx. one one/two lbs candy