Banana bread recipes
With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the greatest ever banana bread recipe. You’ll want 4 ripe bananas to commence.
This is my favored banana bread recipe, a single that I’ve cherished for many years. It’s the recipe that comes to mind first when I have leftover spotty bananas on the counter and the bread that’s on consistent rotation in my freezer stash. This is the very best ever banana bread recipe and if you haven’t tried it however, now’s the time.
Banana Bread V > 25.000Z” />
“Best-ever” is quite a bold statement, correct? I’ve experimented with many many several simple banana bread recipes and I can happily admit that this one is my really favourite. Readers have fallen in adore also! What can make this 1 so very good? This banana bread has the most bananas out of any banana bread I’ve ever produced ahead of! two entire cups of mashed banana, which is about four huge bananas. More banana adds far more moisture and taste to the completed product.
How to Mash Bananas
Did you know you can use your electric mixer to mash bananas? Break or slice the spotty bananas into massive pieces and area in the bowl of your stand mixer– or use a regular mixing bowl and your hand mixer. Get started beating on minimal, then gradually increase to medium-large pace as the bananas break down into mashed banana. You can use this bowl for the rest of the banana bread components.
Other Banana Bread Components
- Butter: Use softened butter for a soft texture and irresistible butter flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Use all brown sugar in this recipe. I’ve explained before that brown sugar is the culprit behind soft and moist cookies. Well, brown sugar works that very same magic in banana bread, too. There is no regular granulated sugar in this banana bread recipe the sweetness comes from brown sugar and bananas. (And cream cheese frosting if you want to add it!)
- Eggs: Eggs supply cakes, cupcakes, breads, doughs, and cookies their stability and structure, as properly as a tender texture. You’ll want two huge eggs in this banana bread recipe.
- Yogurt: Yogurt adds even more moisture to this banana bread. I like to use yogurt as a lot as possible when I’m baking. Sour cream is a fantastic substitution for plain yogurt. You can use the two interchangeably in most baking recipes.
For banana nut bread, include three/four cup of chopped nuts to the banana bread batter I like making use of either pecans or walnuts. I absolutely adore their sweet, toasty, and slight crunch nestled within the soft banana bread crumbs. Feel totally free to leave them out fully if you’re not a fan of banana nut bread!
How to Freeze Banana Bread
I’ve received a whole lot of inquiries about freezing banana bread because I published the recipe, so let me share what functions. You can freeze banana bread utilizing these directions to protect its fresh taste and texture for months!
- Awesome baked banana bread fully.
- Tightly wrap the loaf or slices (individually or grouped) in two-3 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Area wrapped banana bread in a large freezer-pleasant storage bag or reusable container.
- Date the bag and freeze for up to three-four months. Thaw wrapped or unwrapped in the refrigerator or at space temperature. All approaches operate like a charm!
I like to freeze banana bread in slices because the slices thaw significantly quicker– even by lunchtime!
General, this is a SUPER straightforward recipe for traditional banana bread. The batter will take about 10 minutes to throw with each other, the bread stays moist for days, and practically nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven! If you’ve tried the recipe int he previous five years, let me know!
Favourite Banana Recipes:
- Banana Cake
- Banana Cream Pie
- Apple Banana Oat Muffins (for little one and toddlers!)
- Complete Wheat Banana Nut Muffins
- Banana Cupcakes
Here are all my banana recipes if you’re craving far more baking inspiration.