Baked potato casserole
Nonstick cooking spray
six slices bacon, lower one/two-inch thick
2 1/four pounds russet potatoes (about 4), scrubbed clean and lower into 1-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces cream cheese, at area temperature
two cups shredded Cheddar
two/3 cup sour cream
2 scallions, white and light green elements only, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet more than medium heat, stirring sometimes, till brown and crispy, 6 to seven minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Place the potatoes into the ready casserole dish. Toss with the reserved two tablespoons bacon drippings, one teaspoon salt and one/two teaspoon pepper. Roast until finally the potatoes are soft and commence to brown, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix collectively the cream cheese and one cup Cheddar in a bowl until properly mixed. Dollop above the potatoes, then sprinkle with the remaining cup Cheddar and bake right up until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the potatoes are completely cooked by way of when poked with a knife, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Dollop the sour cream evenly over the casserole and sprinkle with the scallions and bacon pieces.
Copyright 2017 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
My Private Notes
The Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Seeking for Something Else?
Let us Get Cooking!